The Singapore Institute of Biology (SIBiol) is a professional society of Biologists and Biology educators (www.sibiol.org.sg/). To support students in their research activities, the Institute is pleased to announce the SIBiol Student Research Award, a single unrestricted cash grant of S$500.00 to be awarded to a student pursuing marine science who is a Life or Student Member of SIBiol in support of the student’s research activities.
The theme for this year’s grant call, in conjunction with the 3rd International Year of the Reef (IYOR), is “Our Oceans”. Research related to marine biology, biodiversity, management and conservation will be considered.
- Life or Student Member of SIBiol at the point of application for the award.
- Only undergraduate (4th year/final year project) and graduate (Masters or 1st/2nd year of PhD studies) students pursuing studies in any field of Biology may apply.
- Applicants must be either Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents.
Applicants are to submit a maximum two-page document containing:
- Title of project
- Background and Significance
- Specific Aim(s)
- Concise Research Methodology
- Expected outcomes
- CV of investigator/applicant (not included in page limit)
We regret that incomplete or illegible forms cannot be processed. Only shortlisted candidate(s) will be notified. Applications are due 1 Jun 2018, to be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions of the award
- The successful awardee is expected to make two presentations to the public at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of SIBiol (or at such a time and event as may be mutually agreed upon) about the successful awardee’s research: one presentation at the start of award period, and a second at the end of the award period whereby the awardee will provide updates of the progress/outcomes of his/her research.
- The successful awardee is expected to contribute some service to SIBiol following the award e.g. conducting an SIBiol workshop or outreach activity related to the research proposed.
- The successful awardee will acknowledge the support provided by SIBiol in any presentations and publications resulting from the research funded by the SIBiol RTF.
The SIBiol Committee for Research Trust Fund comprises of Prof. Prakash Kumar (DBS, NUS), Prof Wong Sek Man (TMSI, NUS), Dr. Serena Teo (SJINML, NUS), Dr. Beverly Goh (NIE, NTU). It will be chaired by Dr. Jani Tanzil (SJINML, NUS; ASE, NTU).
Further questions should be directed to Dr Paul Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the student award announcement